About Fu Wai Hospital
Fu Wai Hospital is the largest hospital specialized in treatment, prevention and research in cardiovascular diseases, hypertension and their complications. It was founded in 1956, by merging the PLA Chest Hospital and part of Peking Union Hospital by the Ministry of Health, and affiliated to Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences. Since its founding, 6 million out-patients, from 32 provinces (cities) in the nation and 6 countries worldwide, have received their cares here.
Fu Wai Hospital is a central government owned public hospital, a not-for-profit organization, and now housed on an 59,619m2 area, with 73,216m2 building space in downtown Beijing, at 167 Beilishi Road, Xi Cheng District, Beijing, with one out-patient clinic and a research institute,and 18 wards.